regex is a regular expression toolkit for regex-base with:
- a text-replacement toolkit with type-safe text-replacement templates;
- special datatypes for matches and captures;
- compile-time checking of RE syntax;
- a unified means of controlling case-sensitivity and multi-line options;
- high-level AWK-like tools for building text processing apps;
- the option of using match operators with reduced polymorphism on the text and result types;
- regular expression macros including:
- a number of useful RE macros;
- a test bench for testing and documenting new macro environments;
- built-in support for the TDFA and PCRE back ends;
- comprehensive documentation, tutorials and copious examples.
See the About page for details.
regex and regex-examples
The library and tutorial, tests and examples have been split across two packages:
regexpackage contains the regex library with the Posix TDFA back end
regex-with-pcrelibrary package contains the extra modules needed for the PCRE back end
regex-examplespackage contains the tutorial, tests and example programs.
- 2017-04-10 v220.127.116.11 First stable release
- 2017-06-03 v18.104.22.168 PCRE.Text, strict PVP, Update Stackage vrns, add re-top
- 2017-06-04 v22.214.171.124 Fix 126.96.36.199 release bug and provisionally fix UTF8/PCRE interworking
- 2017-06-05 v188.8.131.52 Permit utf8-string-1
- 2017-06-05 v184.108.40.206 Suspend Windows tests for PCRE on UTF-8 text
- 2017-08-31 v220.127.116.11 Fast text replacement with benchmarks
See the Roadmap page for details.
The regex blog
Check out the regex blog for news articles and discussion concerning all things regex.
See build status page for details.
Installing the Package
The package can be easily installed with cabal or stack on GHC-8.0, 7.10 or 7.8 for the above platforms. See the Installation page for details.
The Tutorial Tests and Examples
If you have any feedback or suggestion then please drop us a line.
The Contact page has more details.
The Haddocks can be found at http://hs.regex.uk.
The Macro Tables
The macro environments are an important part of the package and are documented here.
The regex.uk Directory
A handy overview of the regex.uk domain can be found here.
changelog is posted here.